Updated by Nicolas
The configuration interface and functionality of the RUT240 are similar to the TRB140.
It can be used with a SIM card and in a “Climkit Cloud Gateway” configuration.
The RUT240 allows in addition to the TRB140:
- to issue your own Wi-Fi network
- connect to an existing Wi-Fi network (see below)
- to connect via Ethernet to an existing network via its WAN port
- to use the 2 ports in LAN mode to connect two devices without using an additional switch
Change router IP
When the RUT240 is used to create a subnet, change its IP address to 192.168.2.1 to avoid confusion with the main network whose router is generally 192.168.1.1.
Create a Wi-Fi WAN interface
A Wi-Fi WAN interface allows the RUT240 router to connect to the Internet (WAN) via an existing Wi-Fi network emitted by a main router connected to the Internet.
You can then connect devices to the LAN port of the RUT240 via Ethernet cable.
This configuration is ideal if you are receiving Wi-Fi in a technical room or in a parking lot. This avoids the use of 4G.
SCAN. Select the Wifi network and click on
- Enter the Wi-Fi network password under WPA Passphrase. Choose a name and create
Use the main router's DHCP server
Use the main router's DHCP server so that devices connected to the RUT240 obtain an IP address from the main router of 192.168.1.x and not 192.168.2.x.
- Install the “Relay configuration” package.
- Under Network > Interfaces > LAN: Disable the DHCP server of the LAN interface (disabled), activate "Relay configuration" and select the WAN via Wifi interface created above.
- To connect again to the RUT240 configuration interface, change the network settings of your computer's Ethernet interface to static IP. Give it an IP address such as 192.168.2.10 and a router/gateway in 192.168.2.1. Connect to the address 192.168.2.1 in your web browser.
Configure MQTT Gateway
Update the firmware with version RUT2_R_00.07.02.7_WEBUI.bin .
SERVICES > PACKAGE MANAGER > PACKAGES , search for and install the packages by clicking on
MODBUS TCP Master
Then configure as described in the Configuring the Cloud Gateway (MQTT) section.