Table of Contents
Updated by Leah
1. General parameters
Subnet or 4G routers
When an internet connection is locally available it is not necessery to use a 4G router with a SIM card.
But it recommanded to create a subnet to connect all the Climkit devices (gateway, RS485 Converters, EV chargers etc.).
When there is only the Climkit gateway, it is not necessary to create a subnet. It can directly be connected to the local router.
Always attribute an IP address to the subnet router that is different than the local internet router's. For example, if the local router is 192.168.1.1, then configure the subnet router such as 192.168.2.1 or 192.168.0.1.
Static IP address
Some devices require a static IP address in order to communicate with each other:
- Climkit Gateway when used with EV chargers. Conventionally, its IP address ends with .10 (e.g. 192.168.2.10).
- RS485/Ethernet converter when used for RFID readers or Modbus meters.
- Other Ethernet or Wifi device such as the Shelly Meter-relay.
See routers below for configuration.
2. Teltonika TRB140 LTE
The Teltonika TRB140 LTE is commonly used as the 4G router.
Set a static IP address
- In a browser, connect to the router with its default IP address
192.168.2.1and credentials (default = admin/admin01).
- In the left-hand menu, go to: Status > Network > LAN > DHCP Leases.
- Copy the MAC address of the device for which you want to set a static IP address for.
- Go to: Network > LAN > LAN Settings and click on the small pencil ✏️ to edit.
- Under Add Lease, enter a name (e.g. shelly_1 or climkit_gateway) and click on Add.
- Choose an unused IP address between
- Paste the MAC address of the device.
- Click Save & Apply. The address can then be edited/deleted under Network > LAN > Static Lease.
- Reboot the device or router for the changes to take effect.
Edit SIM card parameters
- PIN Code
The TP-Link TL-R470T+ is commonly used as a subnet router.
See manual on how to edit its parameters and set a static IP address.